Thursday, September 11, 2008

My First Week of School

In my first writing, I never really got to mention anything about what I thought about the first week of college. College is definitely a lot different than I expected. People are a lot more friendly than High School, and I feel like I actually look forward to coming to school and being with the new friends that I've made. I'm really happy that I don't know anyone either. I get to start fresh and meet new people. I felt that in High School there were too many judgements placed on one another and in college, it's different. People aren't worried about being popular or dressing nice all of the time. It's so laid back and I feel like I don't have to be fake. I can dress the way I want and act the way I want, and already I feel like I've grown as a person. It's nice to know that you can walk into a school, and after the first class you've already made two, new, amazing friends who have similar personalities to you and are so accepting.

My German class is also something that I've learned to be excited about. In High School, I had developed many skills in German including reading, writing, and understanding really well. The problem was that I never spoke it and in German 101 I've learned to "speak" more than I have in 4 years of German. It's amazing how different college really is.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

So I am glad that you only made 2 AMAZING friends. Its okay, I will remember that...