Sunday, October 19, 2008

BOX OFFICE

Here is another sequel to my interesting life at the movie theatre. So I was told that I had to be moved to box the other day and I was kind of pissed. The thought of having to sell tickets all day long just made me sick and I was so upset. For some reason, though, it was the best experience that I've had in a long time. The thing about box is that you get to have a lot of authority. You are the one that gets to tell people if they are allowed in the movie and if they are underage then they can't go in. Also you have no supervisor. I think it is so cool that you don't have someone telling you what to do all of the time.
So my first experiences were quite interesting. First thing that I did was give the wrong times to a movie when the lady called on the phone. Ooops. Then I completely told the lady the wrong ticket prices. However, the funniest part is the fact that I have been working at the movies for a while now and have seen only 2 movies. This is not good. People all the time are asking about movies and if they should see them and I have no idea what to say because I've never seen any of them.
When I did get to show a little bit of my authority was the fact that there were a mob of underaged kids trying to get into a rated R movie and I got to turn them down. They were so pissed at me but were very persistent. Instead, they got a different ticket and snuck into the rated R movie where they were busted. I love getting people into trouble.
I'm so glad that I get to continue to be in box! I even get to sit down when I'm tired!

No comments: