Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Improvements

Over the course of this semester, I've learned that writing isn't as easy as it seems. It takes much more than the average person would assume. First of all, I've been starting to use more evidence in my papers than I usually do. Before, I would make a whole bunch of claims and would never support what I was saying. If I did have quotes or any evidence, its relevance to my paper was not there.
A more important issue that I have finally discovered is that my first instinct is to write my introduction first. For most people that is never a problem; however, in my case, this is one of the biggest problems that I have encountered. Usually I will start by making a claim, and then supporting something completely different. In the end, I had to go back to my introduction and fix all of the sentences that don't pertain to my piece.
I've tried harder this semester than I have ever before on my papers for classes, and in doing so I have feel that I have accomplished a lot.
I know that I still have a lot to work on for my papers, but my biggest issues have been worked out.
I would like to learn more on how write an opinion, though, without using so much evidence. I don't want to have to find evidence for every little detail that I say.

No comments: