Sunday, October 5, 2008

Relgion in Public

I''ve been thinking about how religion places a public role in our society over this weekend and I seemed to have hit a bump. Whenever religion is mentioned in a classroom or in public, people go ballistic unless they have the same points of view. I noticed in high school that whenever someone would mention religion or something that they had to do for church, there would alays be someone who would completely bash what they were talking about. He wouldn't just tell them about his beliefs, but he would tell them how wrong they were for practicing in that way. I feel that opinions are too strong and there is so much variety of views in the US, therefore mixing government and religion would be a catastrophe.
I was actually just listening to the radio the other day and they were talking about hey they were going to change something about the toilets in one of the cities to accomodate for Islamic faith. I was quite confused. People were calling in non-stop with so many different views on the situation. Some were saying that it was a good thing to help Muslims more comfortable and ther people were saying that they were being forced to change views on their own religion. I just think that bringing religion up in public is a bad idea. There are way too many views.

No comments: